Am I simply being impatient? It’s a computer science/biomedical journal. Don’t want to seem pushy, yet it seems like it shouldn’t take 3 weeks to see if a manuscript is within scope and decide whether to send it for review. It’s been sitting at the "with editor" status with no status updates.

Changed status to publish